Repairing the Yashica TLR

When I was down at Hobart last year, I had the opportunity to catch up with my friend Karl, who develop films, create darkroom prints and repair cameras. Days before I made my trip down to Hobart I called him and asked about repairing my Yashica, and luck was on my side: he just repaired his Yashica TLR as well and still had the toolings with him, so he was able to do mine. I visited his house days later, and trusted him with my diseased Yashica. The problem was cataracts lens fogging, as you may have noticed from my previous posts. Not missing an opportunity like this, I flashed out my Olympus and started documenting the process.



1. Sketchings.


2. Tools.


3. Removing the front element.


4.


5. Operating table.


6. Removing the rear element.


7. The eye.


8. The most precious.


9.


10.


11. Testing the camera.





Thanks for reading.



Film | Repairing the Yashica TLR
Olympus OM-2N, Fujifilm Superia 400.

1 comment:

  1. Always good to have a friend who share the same interest and skills.

    ReplyDelete