6pm, 17th November






Just another relaxing afternoon at home.


~


This morning, me and a few friends went to the Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) situated at Kepong. I didn't take as many photos as I'd like, and I got a taste of the typical Malaysian weather... I was the next wettest creature after marine animals.

It turned out that I'm really not good at photographing tropical rainforests, perhaps that's due to me being brought up in this environment and everything seems ordinary and uninteresting. Perhaps I should change a perspective and try to be more creative and curious when photographing our own forests.





Film | 6pm, 17th November
Yashica Mat-124G, Kodak Portra 400

3 comments:

  1. You are right about the possible excitement in shooting a rainforest. However such nature setting might not be of everybody's interest. Also when it comes to film photography the lighting is very difficult to meter.

    Anyway rainforest is one of my favorite due to its difficulty and its beauty (probably because I study rainforest...) I shot a few Australian rainforest and woodland on B&W film, and woodland seems to be easier to start with because you are able to find patterns (bark, tree formations, shadows, litter, roots) more easily in a woodland.

    In the end, it's up to a person's interest. To shoot or not to shoot.


    Best regards,
    HR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm interested in shooting rainforest, but I'm not creative/observant enough.. Your point about finding patterns really explains it because tropical rainforests are often messy and difficult to deal with. But I'll definitely still give it a try in shooting Malaysia's rainforests..

      Cheers,
      Young.

      Delete
  2. ai yai yai, ai yai yai, let it rain over me~

    ReplyDelete